Your product hits the next milestone and you now feel the need to increase design efficiency. You are about to move on to a design system but suddenly, you face the design gap - the product still lacks an in-depth visual foundation, since proper visual branding has never been a priority for your company during the proof-of-concept phase.
In my talk at WIAD Berlin, I shared few exercises and tools that help designers kickstart the product design system with limited or zero time, or company inclination for a solid branding process. Among others, I answered the following important questions:
- How do we deal with a lack of brand/company values?
- How do we define and research a stakeholder's emotional portrait?
- What is our brand personality?
- What is the purpose of the brand moodboard?
- How do we translate all insights into the language of share and color?
- What onboarding touchpoints should we design first to get the set of patterns and elements for the design system?
Download PDF with key takeaways and links to resources:
or view an original version of talk slides